Omni?offers?enhanced discovery and delivery of?information resources at the University of Windsor, our partner institutions, and beyond. Stay tuned for additional features which will follow in 2020.?Announced on Oct. 30?as part of the?Collaborative Futures initiative, Omni is a result of the ongoing collaboration between members of the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL).?
Your Omni Library Account
To access their library account?users can?click the "Sign In" link from any page within Omni.?
Logging into My Account allows you to:
- Request or recall items for pickup
- Check loans, due dates, and fines
- Save items to and your favourites list
- View search history
- Create alerts
Basic Search Tips
Omni can search different domains:
- UWindsor Libraries (Leddy & Law): Search our print and electronic resource collections for?items such as?articles, books & videos.?
- UWindsor Libraries?+ Omni Libraries: Search for print and electronic resources available from UWindsor or?other Omni Libraries. Items not available at Windsor may be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
- UWindsor Libraries Catalogue only: Search for physical items available in the library along with some electronic resources like ebooks.
- Add results beyond U Windsor’s collection?(Checkbox): Include academic e-resources which may not be?held by Windsor or other Omni libraries. May be requested through Interlibrary Loan.?
- Keep in Mind: It is still important to check our?subject specific research collections and tools to ensure you have the most comprehensive search possible.
|AND is assumed between words||fish (AND) pollution (AND) lakes|
|Quotations for phases||"great lakes"; "health science"|
|Synonyms||OR between related words;?habitat OR ecosystem|
|Exclude words||NOT to exclude terms;?gambling NOT lottery|
|Alternate word endings||* for unlimited characters, especially used for word endings;?cultur*?for culture,?cultural, and?culturally|
|Wildcard characters||?? for single character wildcard;?wom?n for woman,?women|
|Brackets to group terms||Shakespeare (sonnet OR tragedy); "climate change" (ecosystem* OR habitat*) Ontario|
Favourites, Permalinks, Citations
Omni allows you to easily save items to your favourites list, share reliable permalinks, and export results to common citation formats like APA.
- Resources you discover can be saved to your favourites list by clicking the pin icon?
- Selecting the Citation icon allows you to export search results in common formats like APA
- You can export to bibtext, RIS,?Endnote and other bibliographic manager formats
- You can email resources you discover to share
- You can print results
Search Other Omni Libraries
Omni allows you to discover resources at other Ontario universities and can quickly connect you to our interlibrary loan service. When you begin to type in your search results, you can select "UWindsor Libraries + Omni Libraries" in?the scope of your search:
To view items available from other libraries, just use the "Other Omni Libraries" facet. You can then review the items that match your search at other libraries. Items not owned by Windsor may be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Omni Participating Institutions
|Brock University||Carleton University|
|University of Guelph||Lakehead University|
|Nipissing University||Ontario Tech University|
|University of Ottawa||Queen’s University|
|Trent University||University of Waterloo|
|Western University||Wilfrid Laurier University|
|University of Windsor||York University|
If you have any questions please let us know via chat, email or phone.